Just Add Ink #390 - Just Add a Sketch


How is all of your Christmas preparation going? I hope that it's all in hand and that you are all set for a relaxing festive season (and if you are I want to know your secret!). Narelle has set us a great challenge this week - Just Add a Sketch. Perfect for whipping up quick Christmas cards.
Sketches are a great way to get your creative juices flowing - especially at this time of year where I always seem to be short on time and creativity. This sketch was a great way for me to make some special cards quickly.


I was able to cut all the cardstock and DSP up at once and make 2 different versions.


I added some stitching as the back strip. I was hemming some shorts and decided to multitask!


I love the detail that the stitching gives.


The sentiment banner is made using one of the framelits from the Bunch of Banners set. I love using it. It cuts out the 2 banners so I simply swapped the outsides over to get the  contrast banner. I also love pushing it through a touch so that the tail peeks out. Just adds a bit of a design element and interest.


I had some 'help' with these cards. Millie loves sewing and makes the perfect paperweight - sorry to who ever is the lucky one to get the 'Millie fold' card. Who needs a bone folder? I have more pics of her at the end of this post - just because! Look at that face! Lucky she is so beautiful as she is so naughty!


Make sure you pop on over to the Just Add Ink page to see how all the other Design Team members used this great sketch. Why not enter your own creation? We always love seeing them!

Lou



If you got this far - thanks for looking at my fur baby!

Comments

  1. Simply lovely!! I like the added stitched detail. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL to the multitasking!!! You've got a great helper there to assist you in making your gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your helper! Beautiful card Lou! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetie, she sews better than me! Your cards are beautiful by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.