What Will You Stamp? - #127 - Coffee Cafe

Welcome to this week's challenge at What Will You Stamp? Each week we feature a different stamp set and start off the challenge by sharing our ideas for using it and then it is over to you. So check out all of the Design Team projects and if you are up for the challenge you can add your projects too. You might even be chosen as our next Guest Designer!

This week we are showcasing Coffee Cafe.


I have only just recently received this bundle - not sure why it took me so long to get - it is fabulous! Because there are already so many great projects out there made with it I decided to think a bit outside of the box and came up with this easel card. Everyone loves an easel card right? Easy to make, packs flat to fit into an envelope and stands up for display.


I am a sucker for a bundle that has lots of versatility. Helps justify why I bought it (and the rest of the things that I absolutely had to have with that order)! I thought that the small cup and whipped cream images could also be used as a cupcake. Too cute!


Don't overlook the little stamps in this set. Look at the cute tag and the heart tabs for the cup. I added Metallic Enamel shapes to mine but there are 2 different hearts you can add to them.


The frosting is a touch cracked. Note to self: Patience! Don't be so hasty to see if your idea will work!


The sentiment fits neatly into the large cup but I decided to stamp it in each colour and then cut up to use like this. I have used the Labeler Alphabet stamp set to add 'and cake' to make it more fitting with my design. 


Can you see the cute coffee beans? I have used them to prop up the easel card.


And of course the card packs flat to fit into a standard envelope.


Now a few tips for you!

The embossing paste is coloured with Flirty Flamingo ink to match my colour scheme. I discovered (after lots of searching) that I didn't have the ink refill so I improvised. Take a small stamp block, tap lightly in the ink pad of choice then add a dollop of embossing paste on top. Mix together, pulling the ink in, until you have the right hue. Makes colour coordinating so easy!


Everyone loves a cute cupcake case right? I roughly traced about 0.5 cm wider than the thinlit below, adhered 1/2" circle dots and die cut. This thinlit cuts and embosses at the same time. Was quite chuffed with myself about this idea.


Make sure you check out all of the other projects from the other Design Team members and enter your project. We'd love to see what you create.

Lou
Product List

Comments

  1. Your cupcake is just the cutest Lou! Gorgeous easel card - love how it all comes together! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooooo adorable!! I love it, and all the cute little touches!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card Lou! The colour palette is so fresh and all the extra touches like frosting and polka dots take it to the next level! Bet you had fun making it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the addition of cake. Well done, Lou!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.