Butterflies and Beautiful Backgrounds for #TGIFC103

Today I took a deep breath and went for it ! Yep..... I sorted out all of my retiring Stampin' Up! products. There are so many great bargains to be had so make sure you check them out before they sell out. If I wasn't so embarrassed I would show you a pic of the mountain of stamp sets, framelits, embossing folders, DSP, ribbons and the list goes on. It is always a bitter sweet time for me. I get sad to see old favourites go but super excited to welcome new products into my craft room.

I am determined to say one last goodbye to each and every one of my retiring items before they are popped in the the lower drawers! I am also determined to use my DSP and ribbons. Too often I keep them for good. Well that time is now!

I need to make some items to sell for Mother's Day which is in a few weeks in Australia. Perfect opportunity for me to use up some of my goodies. So as I sat, surrounded by my crafty mountain, I started sorting and grouping items. I was (quite embarrassingly so) fondling each item and remembering when we were last crafting together. You can tell my order of new items hasn't arrived - I'll ditch everything when my new toys arrive!

Anyway ...... onto what you actually want to know...... what I made. I came up with a set of cute note cards. The perfect gift!



Retiring Products used:


For my design I used the sketch challenge over at TGIF this week as inspiration.

http://tgifchallenges.blogspot.com.au/2017/04/tgifc103-sketch-challenge.html

I used the Glad Wrap Watercolour technique that I showed you last week for the backgrounds. I am in love with this technique - so easy and the results are so yummy.


I used the same colours that I had made up for my dragonfly cards. I used 2 colours per card.


These punched butterflies are really so sweet and I love them perched on top of the heart.



The design was easy to zhoosh up a bit. I just used the Sweetheart Punch to punch out a heart, raised it with foam dimensionals and then slightly offset it when I adhered it so you get some of the black peeping through.



Make sure you check out all of the bargains to be had......before someone else snaps them up!

Lou

Product List

Comments

  1. Gorgeous card. I've never heard of the glad wrap technique. Looks interesting. Might have to give it a go. Gorgeous colours and I love the range of cards in all the different colours. Thanks for playing along this week at TGIF Challenges. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome!!! I am going to have to try this! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.