It's a Lego sort of birthday.... for CASEing the Catty - CTC120

I've always gotten a kick out of being able to customise cards for people. There is something really special about being able to design cards that have personal meaning to the recipient. When I was asked to design a card for a family friend who is turning 6 and is Lego mad I knew that it had to have the bricks on it but had a bit of a mental and creative block at to how it would look. This is my end result.


My inspiration came from the challenge this week over at CASEing the Catty. If you don't already know about them you should really check them out. Each week the design team kick off the challenge with a blog hop. The idea is to use the specified section of the catalogue to CASE (Copy And Share Every). The Stampin' Up! catalogues are full of great designs and inspiration.


As soon as I saw this superhero card on page 49 of the Occasions Catalogue .....


.....I knew I had my design idea. I just flipped the orientation.


I used the 2 medium circles on the Owl Builder Punch for the (what felt like millions) of brick dots. For the inside of my card I have used a card fold I have used quite a bit lately. It is so easy but adds a bit of interest to the inside. You can find the instructions and other versions of this Pop Out Strip card here and here.


We have had so much rain lately - as has much of the east coast of Australia. I had to try to nip out to take a few photos in between deluges. I thought you might like to see a bit more of my backyard with the creek running through it.


 Make sure you check out all of the entries in the challenge over at the CASEing the Catty Facebook page. The great thing about the challenge is that you don't need to have a blog - you can just up load straight to that page.


Lou
Don't forget to take advantage of the 3 rd release of Sale-a-bration products. Only 8 days left.


Product List

Comments