Colour INKspiration Challenge #03



Hi and welcome to our 3rd Colour INKspiration Challenge. To kick off the challenge we have a blog hop to get your creative juices flowing. Make sure hop around to see everyone's creations. Didn't you just love Bronwyn's gorgeous Z fold card? If you missed it pop back to check it out. You can find out how to enter the challenge at the end of this post. One of the really great things about these challenges is that it gets you out of your colour rut. You know you sometimes have to blow dust off the top of those seldom used ink pads! Not sure if this colour combination was my cup of tea but in the end I really enjoyed using them and will definitely use these colours more. What do you think of our challenge colours?


I have used them with the High Tide stamp set. You can vary the colour strength by stamping off once as I have done with the lighthouse images.


This started off with one card and too many ideas. I stamped away merrily and then came to put one of the sentiments on the card......ummmmm......no room! So I remembered 2 nifty dies in the Balloon Pop-Up thinlits set. One makes a slot and the other makes a tab end for a tag.


And .....hey presto.....you have a hidden message panel. I am really chuffed with myself over this card. You know when you have one of those crafting sessions where it all works out? I was happy with how the light beam lined up over the sentiment.


I really didn't need this photo but I love how the light hit it so had to add it.


I love how the card looks good with the message hidden as well.

I said I had too many ideas for 1 card...........


.......this one has a multi coloured sentiment that I used sticky notes to mask each line.




Some tips for using the High Tide Stamp Set
• Stamp the sand first. Stamp off once if the colour is too strong.
• For the lighthouse stamp the detailed image in a darker colour first and then the solid image over the top in a lighter image.
• Stamp the lighthouse on a sticky note and use for a mask. Use the mask for stamping the sea and using the sponge brayer to lightly add in sky. You can also use it when adding in the light beam. Liz Yuille has a fantastic video on her blog showing this technique. It is hard to see in the photo but by sponging and masking you get to keep the white in the lighthouse for a good contrast.
• Experiment with using one colour for the lighthouse. Stamp off once when using the solid stamp to make a lighter colour.


Making the hidden message part
• Use the tab and slot dies from the Balloon Pop-Up Thinlits. Cut a strip 2” long and double the length you want your pull out to be. Place the tab die in the centre of the strip and die cut. Fold in half on the score line. Add adhesive and before you stick together, add a 1 cm strip longer than your slot (about 10 cm) to the bottom edge. This will stop the message being pulled completely out. Leave this strip off if you want your message to pull out.
• Use the long skinny die to cut a slit where you want your message to slide out from. I have placed mine under the top panel.


• Place the message panel in through the slot and add foam adhesive strips to the back. Add one at the end of where you want your message panel to sit when hidden.
• Adhere the top mat making sure that you don’t place adhesive over the slot and where the message will pull out.


I hope you try this hidden message card.

INKspired to join the challenge? It's so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by hopping around to see what all of the Colour INKspiration Crew have to show you. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have to blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. Not a member of the Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.

Make sure you check out what all of the Design Crew have for you. Next up is Nikki Spencer.

http://nikkispencer-mysandbox.blogspot.com.au/2017/02/colour-inkspiration-03.html
Lou

Product List

Comments

  1. This is brilliant Lou! Thanks for the detailed explanation and all the tips. Very helpful... and an awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Lou. I love that hidden message. I had no idea that set did that - Now I have another reason to bye that set (sigh) and CASE your card! And the card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very awesome - and excellent execution! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. well that's amazing. I thought that die was a balloon string! I love the lighthouse, now i'm going to have to make this AWESOME card. Thanks so much for the detailed tutorial. I also really love how the light beam lines up on the pull out. SO clever. Thanks Lou

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking about a card made like this. Not the stamps, but the card works. AWESOME job on both! Thank YOU so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what an amazing idea of extending the light with the pull out tag. I have just received this set and you are inspiring me to get it inked up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's it not looking at blog hops anymore, now I want a hidden message! Only kidding, tanty over! Fantastic creativity with your hidden message.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the slider detail Lou! Such a fun and creative element, well done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you showing the mechanics of your slider tag.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow wow wow.....amazing card Lou and thanks for the heads up about the tab and the slot honey, you are a gem (I had no clue and clearly don't do my homework very well) I love your creations top chick xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is that what those dies are for? lol. Love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome card and a brilliant way to have a gorgeous image card. I love the secret panel for the greeting. You're so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this Lou and the pull hidden message out is a wonderful added touch !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.