Colour INKspiration #02 - Oh So Succulent!


https://www.facebook.com/groups/349642308720075/

Welcome to our 2nd Colour INKspiration challenge. Whether you are starting with me or have just hopped over from seeing the fabulous projects from Elizabeth - it's great to have you here. We were so overwhelmed with the number of entries in our first challenge. So much talent. Can't wait to see what you do with these beautiful colours!

I would normally look at these colours and think about how I could interpret them differently and not use the picture so literally. But.....they just screamed out to be used with my Oh So Succulent bundle. If you are a regular follower you will know that we had a falling out ......let's just say I was over fussy cutting teeny tiny succulents before I got the framelits! But we've made up this week and they helped me make a card and planter box (which I thought I couldn't kill until Millie my furry 'assistant' sat on it!).


The card came as an after thought. I had bit of the planter box that I had cut off and thought that it would make a perfect pot. The little flap that you normally fold in to secure your box makes a great pot base.


I must confess to not really liking Wisteria Wonder but I used it to stamp the outlines of each succulent and was really happy with the soft look it created.


I've used foam adhesive strips to raise the pot, my panels and succulents. I added some shading to my pot with some coordinating ink and an aqua painter.


Like my friend Kelly, I am also making a concerted effort to show the inside of my cards some love and attention.  For this card I cut a strip off the top of a long sticky note and stuck it over my sentiment as a mask. Then I just randomly stamped some of the images. It is a really quick and easy way to add some impact. I used the same technique for my envelope too.


Now to my planter box. I have had this idea in my head for a while but needed to make up with the bundle first! It was one of those projects that started off in one direction and with a fair bit of hacking off of pieces I came up with this. I have used the Window Box thinlit. I ended up using one full piece and just the hexagonal lid with the flaps attached. That becomes the back. I had thought it would be more of a terrarium but it looked too weird. The slats are made with one of the thinlits in the set.


I used the round end of my aqua painter and my Stanpin' Pierce mat to form the flowers. I have sponged a fair amount of Garden Green ink onto my Wisteria Wonder succulent to tone it down a bit.


The slats have a piece behind it to resemble dirt. I made it using another thinlit from the Window Shopping set.


The side of the box that I hacked off made a great shelf for the succulents to sit on.


So there we have it. That is how this colour combination inspired me.

INKspired to join the challenge? It's so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by hopping around to see what all of the Colour INKspiration Crew have to show you. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have to blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. Not a member of the Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.  


Make sure you keep hopping around. Next up is Rachel.

http://stampinpals.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/butterfly-basics-colour-inkspiration-02.html
Lou


Product List

Comments

  1. stunning! love all the handy tips. I don't use Wisteria much either but I love stamped as the outline for the mint succulents - i'll be doing that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a marvelous job on these plants. they are so life like. Thank you for sharing your talent with us. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous succulents, Lou. Love the boxes too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your projects Lou. That planter box is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you guys "kissed and made up" because these projects are amazing! I love the planter box using the window box thinlets and the finer details like the dirt making your projects that much more amazing! I really like the effect of the masking on the inside of your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Just WOW! I think I be needing the Window Box bundle then....so versatile and delightful. Thanks Lou, you are amazing xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that's stunning!! The card is gorgeous and the box is to die for!! Had to laugh about Millie!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely projects Lou and here's me thinking Lou will be in her element with these colours screaming succulents ! I did not realise you had a falling out so glad you made up and created these awesome projects !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg.... These projects are both so amazing, wonderful work Lou. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning, Lou. I love your use and creativity with the Window Box & the Wisteria stamped outlines definitely give a soft look to your succulents. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant projects and awesome adaptation of the hexagon box. I love your stamping on the card too. So talented. Thankyou for sharing your wonderful inspiration with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Love the design of your card Lou and the 3D pot is awesome..I so need to play with this box more..:0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful Lou - thanks for sharing all your succulent secrets!!! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I knew these colours would be right up your alley. Your succulent projects are divine and so inspirational. Thanks for joining the crew!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the box! I am a sucker for a 3D project, another set I have yet to break out

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.