ESAD 2016 Holiday Catalogue Blog Hop


Hi and welcome to our ESAD blog hop. Whether you are just starting with me or have hopped over from Alisa's you are in for a real treat. We have a great line up of projects from the new Stampin' Up! Holiday catalogue so make sure you follow the links to each blog so that you don't miss a thing. We all love hearing what you think and appreciate you taking the time to leave comments.

Think Christmas is too far away? Well I have both Christmas and non-Christmas projects to show you. I love products that can be used for a variety of occasions or purposes and the Shake & Celebrate stamp set along with the coordinating Shaker Shapes Framelits dies certainly fits that bill. There is so much you can do with this set and as usual my idea list was far too large for the time I had to create so some ideas will need to wait for another day.

Here is what I came up with.


Quick and easy shaker cards for special people in your life. Using pieces of the Fancy Frost Specialty DSP adds a nice richness to the cards.

 
Stamp the solid tree stamp on the backing piece of your shaker card to give depth. Silver embossing really sets off the design.


Add some stings of lights and white mica flakes inside for a sparkly tree.


There are 2 cake/tree cut out framelits. The one I used above as well as this one with a lovely pattern that really lends itself to wedding or birthday cakes. The string of lights turns into streamers by using a different stamp in the gaps. Fancy Frost sequins with a pinch of white mica flakes make a nice shaker feature.


Add the semicircle framelit to the bottom to form a bell. My bow is a bit oversized but I just love this new ribbon and needed to use it somewhere!


Can you hear the bells? I have added a few mini bells to the shaker part. To accommodate them I did a double layer of foam adhesive. I also added a mix of white and gold mica flakes in with the bells. The back of the shaker section is a piece of Silver Foil sheet.


The cake/tree cut out framelit fits perfectly into the front of the Cutie Pie Thinlits cake box. Perfect to pop treats or a battery tea light candle into. You'll just have to take my word for how pretty they are in real life. They were very tricky to photograph. These would look lovely on a wedding or Christmas table. Fabulous Foil Acetate looks great in the cut out section.


Keep the cake cut out strips. They work really well as tags, reassembled with the trim embossed. I've adhered them to pieces of Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate sheets to make robust tags or tree decorations. By using 2 of the Lots of Labels Framelits I have been able to make these double sided. Apologies about the photos.


The cake cut out strips are perfect for sentiments as they are accurate, perfect rectangles.


Use them on the inside of cards as well for quick decorating.


This set is one that you might dismiss at first but I really think you should take a close look at it. As you can see, it makes great cards, tags and 3D projects. The framelits dies contain 3 each of the baubles, small and medium flowers which will make quick work of shaker pieces (something else on my idea list!). I love that it can be used for lots of techniques and for many different occasions such as Christmas, Birthdays, Weddings and so much more. So easy to convince yourself you need it! There are 2 different sized heart framelits and each one has a stick on the bottom which I think is a fab idea..... I just haven't quite worked out how I am going to use that obviously (???) important feature! If you have an idea I'd love to hear it!


Thanks for visiting me. Now hop on over to Libby's blog to see what amazing things she has made.

 http://wp.me/p4cYCW-1YN

Blog Hop Participants:

1. Lou Kitzelman - That's me!
16. Liv Ingle


Product List
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00

Comments

  1. Wow Lou, you have truly created some awesome projects with this set. Thanks so much for all the work you put into orgainising this Blog Hop and thanks so much for participating in the blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Lou .. you've been busy! Thank you so much for all the work you did coordinating this blog hop x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leonie. It is a great set to use.

      Delete
  3. THis was a set I wasn't sure I liked but you have changed my mind on that...great cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you've been busy Lou! A great assortment of projects. Love the bells in the shaker card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liv. I shouldn't have put as many mica flakes in as they got a bit stuck in the bells after a while!

      Delete
  5. I love what you have done. I wasn't too sure about this set but you have made some lovely cards

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tealight holders! And a great tip to use up the 'scraps'... Thank you for co-ordinating and participating in the blog hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richelle. It's a pity they didn't photograph as well.

      Delete
  7. I haven't looked twice at this set either - and yet I LOVE your samples. Well done Lou!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathryn. I really love this set.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful cards and projects Lou. What a great blog post. So much detail. And perfectly photographed. Thanks so much for organising this hop :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samantha. I am slowly getting better at photographing.

      Delete
  9. Great inspiration!You have been very busy. I love how versatile your projects are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Lou!!!! Great use of the bundle xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolina. It's an easy set to use.

      Delete
  11. These are all so lovely! Thanks for sharing them and convincing me this set is more versatile than I thought ... it's been added to the top of my wish list! ��

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one set I really didn't want but seeing your use with the Cutie Pie die I may have to change my mind! That is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these ideas Lou. I wasn't going to get this set but... Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are fabulous projects Lou! You are right, now I need to add this one to the wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan. Sorry for depleting your bank account!

      Delete
  15. wow, wow wow. What a great set of cards, whilst I was unsure of this set, maybe your just changed my mine. Beautiful and striking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. I love this set and it is so easy to use.

      Delete
  16. Lovely as always Lou. Love your work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peta. Glad you could join us on your maiden hop!

      Delete
  17. Lovely projects. The luminaries are my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW you have stunned me with what you have done..I am now taking another look at this set for its potential - I had dismissed it. Thank you for organising the hop Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so cute! Thanks for sharing Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great use of the set Lou!!! Love your inspiration. Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  21. The back of the shaker section is a piece of Silver Foil sheet.flyer distribution

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.