International Blog Hop - highlighting Stampin' Up! products



Welcome to our International Blog Hop. We are a group of demonstrators from around the world that want to show you ideas and inspiration using the latest Stampin' Up!® products that are available to purchase right now. Hi... whether you are starting the blog hop here with me - Lou Kitzelman from Australia - or you have come from the person previous to me in the list. If you get off track at any time, the full line-up below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all the projects. In May I took part in an international blog highlight run by Kylie Bertucci and was lucky enough to be chosen in the top 10 which enabled me to participate today.

Have you got your hands on the Thoughtful Branches bundle yet? You really must as they are only available for a limited time. You can do so much with this set. I'm sure you have already seen so many great projects online. Before I got stuck into using some of my new products from the Stampin' Up! Holiday catalogue to be released in September I wanted to show you how to make this great hydrangea.


With a few snips (and a lot of foam adhesive) you can make take this flower from flat to fabulous in minutes. See the layers?


I simply die cut 3 of the flowers from Watercolour Paper, spritzed them with water and started dabbing different inks (listed below) using my aqua painter until I thought it looked hydrangea-ish. The bottom layer is a whole flower. Then I started to cut the other 2 flowers apart. Each layer gets progressively closer to the centre to give the rounded look. I have used offcuts of foam adhesive strips to give each layer dimension. The last layer is just a single flower. Dots of glue from a fine tip glue pen add flower centres.


Kraft cardstock makes a great background for the hydrangea. The mat has a border stamped in Versamark ink using a stamp from the Timeless Textures stamp set. The burlap ribbon is haphazardly folded and secured with a staple or 2. It is a bit hard to see but I have also raised the front mats with foam adhesive strips.


Because this flower makes such a statement I thought it would be perfect to add to a shadow box. I'll have instructions for this in a later post - this was my first attempt.






And why not add a hydrangea to the top of a present box?



If you are from Australia like me I would love to assist you with purchasing and using Stampin' Up!® products. Also why not join my team. It's the perfect time - you can take advantage of the special pre-order only for demonstrators from the new Holiday Catalogue. I'd love to have you on my team as I'm a bit lonely as my team is just me at the moment!

Thanks for taking part in our blog hop, there are so many amazing ideas and inspiration you won't want to miss. Remember that currently you are at my blog, Lou Kitzelman, so check the blog hop line up list to see who is next in the list.






Product List

Comments

  1. Great colors to replicate a beautiful hydrangea Lou! So neat to hop with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the hydrangea on all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those hydrangeas are absolutely gorgeous, Lou & the colour of the ones in my garden, come Summer. Love your frames & card too. The kraft really gives a lovely, natural feel teamed with the flowers.
    Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Lou! Looks like we had the same ideas in mind! Great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - this looks time consuming. But such pretty and realistic results. Worth the effort I think!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lou, Love the cade and the box, a great flower beautiful colour, Cheers Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous projects! Love the layered hydrangea and your shadow box is stunning! The wooden frame looks so authentic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a smart use of the framelit!!!! hydrangea! such a cool project suite. i love kraft too .....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your flowers they are very pretty, on the card and box the stand out love it.
    It was nice hoping with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I live in the USA. Wondering how I can order from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately if you live in the USA you won't be able to buy Stampin' Up! products from me. We can only sell within our own country but you can go to the Stampin' Up! website and there is a section you can use to find someone close to you. However you can order tutorials from me as they are sent via email. Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog. Cheers from Australia. Lou

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.