Oh Baby (Bear) ...... you are so cuuuuuute!


Yesterday's card class that I held was a 'By Request' class. The girls were desperate to use the Baby Bear stamp set from Stampin' Up! I had a few options as you can see above.

This is a 3 step stamp. It is intended for you to start with the solid stamp (1) and use the lightest colour and work your way up to 3 using a progressively darker colour each time. I find that harder to line up so I start with number 3 stamp and the darkest colour first and work backwards. The bow is a 2 step stamp. Again I work backwards. Stamp the outline stamp first then the solid stamp in the same colour ink but stamp off first to get a lighter tone. This bow is cut out with scissors. To make a bow tie simple cut off the tales. If you find that your bear is not lining up properly and that you get a weird line around his bottom, try reversing the order as I have and see if you get a better image.


There are lots of different colour combinations that you can use but I have settled on a few favourites.
Grey bear
1. Bear outline marked 3 on stamp sheet - Basic Grey
2. Bear detail marked 2 on stamp sheet    - Smokey Slate
3. Solid bear marked 1 on stamp sheet     - Smokey Slate stamped off

As you can see I am still obsessed with my stapler so I have ruched some of the new ribbons and  stapled 'kisses'.


This set has a few different sentiments - even one perfect for a wedding. This is my take on the sample that Sara showed at the OnStage event in April.


So to get the bride ready I simply used the colour combination below and then fussy cut around her. Some lace is gathered behind her head to look like a veil.

Brown Bear
1. Bear outline marked 3 on stamp sheet - Tip Top Taupe
2. Bear detail marked 2 on stamp sheet    - Crumb Cake
3. Solid bear marked 1 on stamp sheet      - Sahara Sand


Brown Bear - alternate version
1. Bear outline marked 3 on stamp sheet  - Early Espresso
2. Bear detail marked 2 on stamp sheet    - Crumb Cake
3. Solid bear marked 1 on stamp sheet      - Sahara Sand

For this one chop his head off and raise it with a foam dot. By doing this you can angel his head so he can gaze lovingly into his beautiful bride's eyes.


This simple thank you card used a base of Crumb Cake Card stock instead of Whisper White.  So the full stamp (3) doesn't need to be stamped - the cardstock takes it's place.


So have a go at my method for stamping these bears and let me know how you get on.

Don't forget about the promotion for July.

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx

Product List


Comments