Spreading the love for #GDP041

Shaker cards have been on my mind this week. So seeing as I am yet to put my supplies away from the class that I taught about them this week I thought I it would be the perfect card design for the challenge this week over at Global Design Project. Why tidy up when you can stamp?????

http://www.global-design-project.com/2016/06/global-design-project-041-colour.html
These colours look great together. When you look at the other entries here you'll be astounded at the many different ways people have put them together. So here is what I came up with.


Originally I was going to put this elephant into one of the jars from the Jar of Love stamp set and make it into a snow (or heart) globe but ...... he wouldn't fit. So I used the Layering Square Framelits instead to create the shaker part. I have information about a tutorial that I have written with lots of tips and tricks here. You get it free if you order from me any of the products I have used in this or that post.

                 

I have given the elephant from the Love you Lots stamp set (which is a host set by the way) a watercolour look. Just stamp the image using Night of Navy ink on Whisper White cardstock and use your aqua painter to blur some of the lines. It is a bleak, cold (well cold for the Sunshine Coast) day here so the photos aren't as crisp as I would have liked sorry. The Everyday Jars Framelits has a strip of hearts that make perfect shaker pieces. The coordinating Jar of Love stamp set has a heart that I have used on the background and these great sentiments.


The inside of the card is very simple but still cute I think.



Product List

Comments