So...... first to the card.
It is a card fold that has been around for a long time (my original notes are from a class I taught in 2009!) called a Free Standing Pop Up card. I have combined the colour combination from Just Add Ink #JAI 317 and the sketch from Global Design Project #GDP042.
3. On the centre line (14 cm score line), punch a hole with a 1/8" hole punch about 1.5 cm in from each edge. Using your paper trimmer cut either side of the score line between the 2 holes. Try not to make the gap too wide.
4. Fold on each score line and flip over to the back. (I have used the Hardwood stamp with Versamark ink on the front of my Kraft cardstock for a table like effect). Fold the bottom section up and add Fast Fuse. To this affix the pull up mechanism. Normally you would have a tag that was about 7 x 13 cm but I have adapted it for this card. I added a strip of Whisper White 3 x 13 cm. The reason for this is because you don't want the jar to sit below the 'table'. This white strip will have the jar attached to it and will be trimmed. Poke the strip through the slit you cut earlier.
5. Fold the top fold down and apply Fast Fuse to it. Fold the card in the middle and line up the 2 bottom folds. The pull up mechanism should be poking out the top.
6. Pull the mechanism up and the bottom box/table will form. If you cut the slit too wide your pop up bit will keep falling through and your box won't stay put. Next time cut it a touch narrower. Then you just decorate. For mine I have added the jar with leaf sprays, then added the flowers. Take card to make sure that the card fits in an envelope and the pop up pieces still slide through the slit.
7. The card front can be decorated as well. Make sure to only attach the embellishments to the front of the box so that your card can still stand up. You can see here how I have used the Global Design Project sketch. The coil of linen thread is the circle element.
I am really happy with how this turned out. I know that I will be making some more soon. Check back later in the week as I have another one in the pipeline for a challenge using the Birthday Fiesta stamp set. Can't keep a good llama down!
- Make sure you check all of the entries at both sites - maybe I'll see yours there!